What is marketing?
Everyone needs marketing, even if you are a sole trader or micro business. The question is how well you engage with your market and what penetration you have achieved, and how this reflects in your turnover and profit. Though there are many confusing definitions of the term “marketing“, Objective Marketing take the complexity out of it and show you innovative ways to increase your business and profile. We are adept in all the “new media” techniques (also called Web 2.00) that enable you to interact with your clients or prospects as never before!
There are many different definitions of marketing
Consider some of the following alternative definitions:
- The all-embracing function that links the business with customer needs and wants in order to get the right product to the right place at the right time
- The achievement of corporate goals through meeting and exceeding customer needs better than the competition
- The management process that identifies, anticipates and supplies customer requirements efficiently and profitably
- Marketing may be defined as a set of human activities directed at facilitating and consummating exchanges
Which definition is right? In short, they all are. They all try to embody the essence of marketing:
- Marketing is about meeting the needs and wants of customers
- Marketing is a business-wide function - it is not something that operates alone from other business activities
- Marketing is about understanding customers, and finding ways to provide products or services which customers demand
All the elements of marketing are described within this web site. We have tried to explain them simply and clearly. You are invited to contact us for more information or send us a question via our blog.